Here is a list of a couple of the tools I use on a daily basis. It's mostly a reference for myself, but it might be handy for others to get an idea of what is out there. If you found a cool tool and want to tell me about it, just leave a comment. I will update this over time.
- Evernote together with The Secret Weapon - Todo's, administration and note taking.
- 1Password - Password management
- You need a budget - Budget management and savings
- Alfred - Improved Spotlight for Mac
- Shimo - VPN Client for Mac
- f.lux - f.lux is free software that warms up your computer display at night, to match your indoor lighting.
- Dropbox - Sync files between multiple computers
- Divvy - Window management at its finest
- Monolingual - Save some diskspace on your Mac by removing unneeded languages (might break some software)
- Trello - Flexible task keeping, just try it
- Sunrise - Combine all your calendars
- Harvest - Time tracking
- Comic-rocket - Track online web comics
- Bitbucket and Github - Source control
- Atom - Text editor / IDE
- Vagrant - Lightweight, reproducible, and portable development environments
- Git flow - Git extensions to provide high-level repository operations for Vincent Driessen's branching model.
- PsySH - Runtime developer console, interactive debugger and REPL for PHP
- A better git log - Improves git log output
- Bash git prompt - Informative git prompt for bash and fish
- Mosh - Remote terminal application that allows roaming, supports intermittent connectivity, and provides intelligent local echo and line editing of user keystrokes.